The Financial Snapshot Connect report provides the ability to produce a number of different types of financial reports depending on how the parameters are set up. Similar to a pivot table in Excel, it offers flexibility through dynamic grouping, as it allows the user to select how the financials on the report are grouped through the Column 1, Column 2, and Column 3 parameters.
- Go to the Reports section, then under EMR select Connect.
- Click the icon with a page and plus sign to create a new Connect report entry.
- When asked to select the Report, scroll under the Claim header and find Financial Snapshot. Then fill out the description and parameters as follows:
- Description: This is what will be shown in the ‘Report’ column when choosing what to run. Because this is such a customizable report, I’d recommend making this as descriptive as possible.
- Columns 1-3: Here you’ll select the fields you’re going to group the report on. If you select Column 1 to be Service Location and Column 2 to be Referring Provider, you’ll see all your financials broken out by Referring Provider by Service Location, for instance. This is similar to adding Row Groups to pivot tables in Excel. The column options are:
- Business Unit (click here for more information on Business Unit)
- Claim Primary Payer
- Claim Primary Financial Class
- Code Class
- Paid By Financial Class
- Patient Location
- Payment Method
- Procedure Code
- Procedure with Description
- Referring Provider
- Rendering Provider
- Service Location
- Show Detail: You can choose whether or not to include Detail on the report. If you don’t include detail, the Chart Number, Patient, and Claim ID columns will be blank.
- Rendering Provider(s): You can select which rendering providers you want to include on the report. If All is selected, even with additional selections, all rendering providers will be returned.
- Service Location(s): You can select which service locations you want to include on the report. If All is selected, even with additional selections, all locations will be returned.
- Date Type: You can select Service Date or Post Date. If you choose service date, it will work the same as choosing service date on other reports. If choosing Post Date, it will run Charges by Charge Post Date and Payments/Adjustments by Payment Post Date, showing you all transactions that happened in this time period (whether charges, payments, or adjustments).
- Start Date: The beginning date, of the type selected in (f).
- End Date: The end of the reporting window, of the type selected in (f).
You can use the Financial Snapshot to view your data in many different ways – here are some examples of reports that can be created using this Connect report.
Financials by Location by Code Class – This shows how financials at each location are split up between different code classes.
Financials by Primary Payer by Referring Provider – This shows which referring providers are generating financials associated with your different claim primary payers.
Financials by Rendering Provider by CPT – Here you can see which codes your providers have financial activity on over the time period in question.
Please note on any of the above, if you select to show detail, you can also see Chart Number, Patient, and Claim ID. Here is the above report, Financials by Rendering Provider by CPT, with detail included: