In the Choice application, Provider Credentials are for changes which need to be made to the Provider's normal billing setup for a specific payer or payers. This can range from needing to submit claims as an individual Billing Provider (instead of as a group), needing a different Pay To Address, or needing to send different NPI/TIN information to a payer. Examples.
- Go to Setup > Providers.
- Search for the provider on the upper right
- Once the provider is selected click on the More button
- Select Credentials from the menu, and the Credential box will open.
- To add a credential, select New.
- Search for the payer where a credential is needed and select. Enter a group or individual NPI in the PIN/Group field, and check whether or not this is a Participating provider, and Save.
- Double-click on the newly created credential and the Credential Values box will open. Update the appropriate tab(s).
- When all tabs have been updated, select Apply and OK, or just OK to save.