A Fee Group in the Choice platform is a fee different than the 'base' code. This can be separated by Provider, Service Location, Financial Class, Payer, or a combination of these options. The most common use of Fee Groups in Choice is to set up different fees for Self Pay patients, or to add Allowable Amounts for specific payers. Once a Fee Group is added, the application will automatically use this fee on the claim for any patient who meets the selected criteria.
- Go to Setup: Procedure Codes.
- Click the magnifying glass on the right to search for the existing code to be updated, and select it.
- Click the New button on the toolbar. A window will open. The existing code being updated will be in the box; click Next.
- The second screen will display the existing fee and allowed amount. Click New Fee to continue.
- A box will pop up asking you to choose how you would like to add the code: From the QuickEntry selection window, or From the Procedure Code setup screen. In this circumstance, the QuickEntry selection window is easiest.
- Enter the required fields, then hit Add New Procedure.
- The new fee will be visible on the Code Summary page.
- Repeat as necessary for all fees to be added.