Once you have ensured that you have setup your providers and patients correctly to send/receive coupons, the interface does the rest of the work automatically. Below is an overview of how this process works.
Pre-Processing by our Application
- On a nightly basis, we check to see what coupons/discounts are available via the OptimizeRx Integration
- This list of prescriptions and their corresponding coupon information is stored for user later.
Send Coupons to a Patient and/or the Pharmacy
- A prescription will be written in our application using the Medications chart tab.
- User clicks the Send button on the prescription pad.
- Before being sent, the following checks occur:
- Does this prescription have an available coupon? If yes, get the necessary details.
- Is the provider configured to send coupon information? If yes, send coupon information in the electronic message to the pharmacy.
- Is the patient configured to receive text/email for a coupon? If yes, a text/e-mail will be sent with the coupon details.
- The medication is sent electronically to the pharmacy.