The Refills section within the My Tasks Prescription portal is used to manage electronic refill requests sent to your practice by either your patient (via MyMedicalLocker) or by the pharmacy (via the Surescripts network). Each user in the practice will be able to determine what refill requests show in his/her task lists to ensure they only see the appropriate change requests to accommodate his/her workflow. These settings can be modified by following the below steps:
Steps to Configure Assignment Setup
- Navigate to My Tasks > Prescriptions.
- Open the Refills tab.
- Click the More dropdown.
- Select Assignment Setup.
- Modify the settings to meet your needs/workflow.
- Click the Save button.
Assignment Setup Details
The following options can be modified in the Assignment Setup window:
My Task Counts
The My Task Counts section allows a user to determine how the My Task > Prescriptions counts are tallied.
- None - Regardless of refills assigned to you, no numbers will display in the My Tasks > Prescription queue. This would be appropriate for a user that does not use the refill task list.
- Unsolicited - This will tally up refills in the Unsolicited Refill Requests queue. This would be appropriate for a user that is assigned to triage refill requests that can not be automatically assigned to a patient.
- My Assigned - This will tally up refills in the My Assigned Refills queue. This would be appropriate for a user that reviews and approves refill requests that get assigned directly to them or a user group (e.g. RxRefills for MML Refill Requests) they are in.
- Pending - This will tally up refill requests in the Pending Refill Requests queue based on requests assigned to prescriber that they are or work for/on behalf of. This would be appropriate for a user that triages/assigns requests for prescribers or a practice that does not assign refill requests to specific users/user groups, rather they are/work on behalf of specific prescribers.
This is the list of providers that are set up with Surescripts to electronically send prescriptions and receive refill requests. By selecting a prescriber location from this list, you will see refill requests assigned to these prescriber locations within the Pending Refill Requests list that have not been assigned to a specific user/user group. It also configures which prescriber locations to display requests for in the Completed Refill Requests queue.
Update Additional Users
Once you have configured a queue for a user, it may be appropriate to configure others in the practice to have the same settings. To do this, supply a list of User ID's for users that need these same settings as you. Separate each user name with a comma.