The Refills section within the My Tasks Prescription portal is used to manage electronic refill requests sent to your practice by either your patient (via MyMedicalLocker) or by the pharmacy (via the SureScripts network). Each user in the practice will be able to determine what refills show in their task lists to ensure you are only seeing what is necessary to accommodate your workflow. These settings can be modified by following the below steps:
Steps to Configure Assignment Setup
- Navigate to My Tasks > Prescriptions.
- Open the Refills tab.
- Click the More dropdown.
- Select Assignment Setup.
- Modify the settings to meet your needs/workflow
- Click Save
Assignment Setup Details
The following options can be modified in the Assignment Setup window:
My Task Counts
The My Task Counts section allows a user to determine how the My Task > Prescriptions counts are tallied.
- None - Regardless of refills assigned to you, no numbers will display in the My Tasks > Prescription queue. This would be appropriate for a user that does not use the refill task list.
- Unsolicited - This will tally up refills in the Unsolicited Refill Requests queue. This would be appropriate for a user that is assigned to triage refill requests that can not be automatically assigned or for a user that is responsible for manually assigning requests to other users.
- My Assigned - This will tally up refills in the My Assigned Refills queue. This would be appropriate for a user that reviews and approves refill requests that get assigned directly to them.
- Pending - This will tally up refills in the Pending Refills queue based on requests assigned to providers that they work with or on behalf of. This would be appropriate for a user that reviews and approves refill requests for providers other than themselves.
This is the list of providers that are set up with SureScripts to electronically send prescriptions and manage refill queues. By selecting a provider from this list, you will see refill requests assigned to this provider within the Pending list.
Update Additional Users
Once you have configured a queue for a user, it may be appropriate to configure others in the practice to have the same settings. To do this, supply a list of User ID's for users that need these same settings as you. Separate each user name with a comma.