A Default Comment is used as a shortcut for information which is frequently added to patient or claim comments (as well as other areas).
The list of default comments is customized for your practice. This article will explain how to add new patient default comments to the application along with the additional options available.
Add a New Default Comment
To add a new default comment to the application, follow these steps:
- Open the Patient Setup window (from any part of the application)
- Select Comments from the tabs on the left
- Click the Default Comment button under the Comments text field
- In the Default Comments window, there are two sections. The top section shows existing default comments by group. The bottom section shows the comment details (when a comment is selected in the top section) or provides the space to create a new default comment.
- To create a new comment, click the New button. The text box will clear for you to enter your comment text. You will need to select a Default Comment Group (see below) and a description for the comment. Click Apply.
- To use a default comment, select the comment from the top section you would like to use, then double-click on it to load it into the Patient Comments tab. Click Save.
Default Comment Groups
There are several Default Comment Groups which determine the type of comment and where the comment will be viewed.
|Value||Where it appears|
|Appt. Comment||This will appear in the Appointment Comment field in the iScheduler, as well as in certain Appointment reports. Access is from within the Schedule Appointment window.|
|Appt. Complaint||This will appear in the Appointment Complaint field in the iScheduler, as well as in certain Appointment reports. Access is from within the Schedule Appointment window.|
|Cancelled Appt||This will appear in the Cancelled Appointment Comment window in the iScheduler, as well as in certain Appointment reports. Access is from within the Cancel Appointment window, when an appointment's status changes to Cancelled.|
|Charge||This will appear in the Claim Comments area, as well as in the Patient Transaction History as a Claim Comment. Access is from within a Claim in the Comments area.|
|Deposit||*Inactive* There is no access to add Deposit level comments.|
|Follow Up||This will appear in the Patient Comments field. It can be turned into an Alert if needed.|
|Order Comments||The only access to this Comment Group is through Patient Comments.|
|Order Instructions||The only access to this Comment Group is through Patient Comments.|
|This will appear in the Patient Comments field and in the Patient Transaction History. It can be turned into an Alert if needed.|
|Payment||This will appear in the Patient Transaction History as an Other Comment. Access is from inside the Add Payment/Payment Entry window.|