To reverse a credit card payment that was taken through the integrated credit card processing portal, follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Open the Billing Portal from the lower left hand corner.
- Open the Receipts window from the left-hand navigation pane.
- Search for the patient name or chart number, or navigate to the Advanced Search window.
- Set the date of the receipt and choose the "OfficeEMR" Receipt Type
- Click Search at the bottom of the Advanced Search to run the search.
- Double-Click on the Receipt desired to open it and view details.
- To confirm this receipt was run through the PaySimple integration, you will see this in the Source field:
- To reverse the payment, click the "Reverse Receipt" button to void or reverse payment.
- You will have a window to enter a comment for this reversal. The Refund credit card payment box will be checked by default and the credit card payment will be reversed. Save your entry.
- If you do NOT want to reverse the credit card payment, make sure that the box is unchecked before saving.