The Deposit Details Screen can be accessed by opening any row on the Deposits Screen or through Patient History by selecting Deposit from the right-click menu. This screen can be used to fix deposit errors, review payment details, and release the deposit for posting.
- ID: The unique ID the application assigns to every deposit.
- Type: The type of deposit created (ERA, EOB, Import, Statement)
- Status: The current status of the deposit. Options include New, Ignore, Sent to Posting.
- New: Newly received deposits. Payments have not yet been posted.
- Ignore: Deposits that will not be sent to posting because they are not needed.
- Sent to Posting: Deposits that have been submitted for posting.
- Owner: The user that created or Sent to Posting depending on current status.
- Deposited (Date): This is the date that the check was deposited into the bank.
- Issued (Date): This is the date the EOB was issued.
- Check #: This is the check number for the deposit.
- Payer: The name of the Payer associated with the deposit.
- Pay Method: The payment method being used for this deposit.
- Pay Type: The type of payment that is being used for the deposit.
- Deposit ($): The total amount for the deposit.
- Payments ($): The sum of all payments assigned to the claims within the deposit. This field is auto-calculated.
- Adjustments ($): The sum of all adjustments that will affect the balance of the claims within the deposit. This field is auto-calculated.
- Exclusions ($): The sum of all payments for excluded claims within the deposit. This field is auto-calculated.
Hovering with your mouse over the Deposit amount or the Payments amount fields will display the balancing pop-up window.
- Send to posting: Sends the deposit to the payment posting process. Click here to learn more.
- Ignore: The deposit is removed from most work queues and will not be posted. Click here to learn more.
- Edit: Allows some deposit detail fields to be changed. Click here to learn more.
- Reset/Remove: Allows a user to undo the posting process or delete a deposit entirely. Click here to learn more.
When a deposit is created or received from an insurance carrier as an ERA, there is a possibility that some necessary fields may not be set correctly. These errors will need to be resolved.
More information can be found here on resolving posting errors.
This is a list of of claims that have been assigned to this deposit. For EOB's, these must be manually added to the deposit via the Attach/Find Claim feature. Once added, a summarized version of the payment records will be displayed.
- Attach/Find a Claim: This allows a user to search for a claim in the deposit and/or add a new claim to the deposit. Learn more here.
- Claim XRef: This is the claim x-ref supplied on the ERA.
- Claim ID: The unique identifier for the claim in the application.
- Charged: The sum of all charges for this claim.
- Paid: The sum of all payments for this claim.
- Allowed (B6): The sum of all allowed amounts for this claim.
- Deductible (PR-1): The sum of the deductible amount for this claim.
- CoIns (PR-2): The sum of the co-insurance amount for this claim.
- CoPay (PR-3): The sum of the co-pay amount for this claim.
- Adjustments: The sum of all adjustments that will affect the balance for this claim.
- Information: The sum of all adjustments that will NOT affect the balance for this claim.
- Action: Actions that can be taken for this claim (View or Edit). Learn more here.