The Payment screen is accessed from:
- the Patient History screen by right-clicking on the claim line as selecting Add Payment.
- the Claim screen by clicking the Payments drop down on the tool bar.
- the Billing Query screen by clicking the Billing Options drop down on the tool bar.
- Patient: The patient assigned to the claim. Clicking the document icon will open Patient Comments/Alerts.
- Rendering: The provider assigned to the claim.
- Insurance: The insurance company assigned to the claim.
- Claim: The id, status, and level of the selected claim.
- Line #: The procedure line number that the payment information will be applied to.
- Deposit: The deposit date for the payment.
- Paid By: The entity that made the payment.
- Amount: The amount of the payment.
- Method: The payment method to be used for the payment.
- Type: The payment type to be used for the payment.
- Check#/Trace ID: The check number or trace id for the payment.
- Amount: The amount of the adjustment.
- Method: The payment method to be used for the adjustment.
- Type: The payment type to be used for the adjustment.
- Check#/Trace ID: The check number or trace id for the adjustment.
- Comment: Free text comment field to be associated with the payment.
- Procedures/Payments/Receipts Radio buttons - Next to each title will be displayed a number of rows allowing you to quickly see if there is data to be viewed in that section.
- Procedures - This section will display the procedure detail for the claim attached to the current payment. It will give a sum of charges, payments, adjustments, and the balance for each line.
- Payments - This section will display a list of all the payments applied to this claim and the lines they were applied to. A payment can be reversed on this screen by selecting a payment and then clicking the reverse arrow icon located next to the print icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Receipts - This section will display a list of all receipts that have a remaining balance to be posted. Clicking the 'Display Zero Balances' checkbox will allow you to view all receipts including those that have been fully applied.
- Post: Posts the information entered on the screen to the claim.
- Clear: Clears the information entered on the screen from all fields.
- Default: Enters the default information into all fields with defaults set.
- Pay. Comment: Opens the Procedure Comment screen. In order to post a payment comment you must have a procedure line selected in the procedure detail in the bottom portion of the screen.
- Claim Comment: Opens the Claim Comment screen.
- History: Opens the Patient Transaction History screen.
- Credits: Opens the Credit Entry screen.
- EOB: Opens the EOB Claim Adjustments screen.
- Refresh: Reloads the screen.
- Close: Closes the screen.