- Click on the eDocuments portal.
- Select the Open Patient folder.
- Search for your patient and select the correct Patient to view their eDocuments.
You can always ensure you're in the correct patient chart by viewing the patients name in the top right hand corner of the eDocuments screen.
To navigate the eDocuments Portal, follow these steps:
- Click on the eDocuments Portal.
- eDocuments are organized as Patient, Practice, Resource and Payer specific documents. Select a Document Type to view the Cabinets, Drawers and Folders for the selected Document Type.
- The Cabinets, Drawers, and Folders for the selected patient, practice, resource or payer displays. If you selected the patient, resource or payer type, select the Open button to open a patient, resource or payer to view eDocuments for.
- Select the patient, resource or payer in the search results.
- Cabinets, Drawers and Folders with documents in them will display in color. Select a Folder to view a list of documents in the work list.
- Select a Document in the work list to view it in the work space on the right.
All documents are stored in folders. To view/edit a document in the work space the document must be a tif, gif, or jpg file, all other file types will open in the appropriate viewer on the user's computer (Ex: pdf, word, excel).
To import a document into eDocuments, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Folder where you want to place the document(s) - you must right-click over a folder, not a cabinet or drawer.
- From the menu, select Import.
- Select the document from your computer and click OK.
Users can multi-select documents by holding the +Ctrl button on your keyboard and selecting all of the documents you'd like to import.
To scan documents, follow these steps:
- Right click over the Folder to scan the documents in.
- From the menu, select either:
- Multiscan (SF) to scan multiple page documents as one file.
- Multiscan to scan each page as it's own unique file.
- The edit window will appear. Type a Filename.
- Once the file is named, press the X to exit the filename box and set the following additional fields:
- Add a comment.
- Set the Received Date. Set this field to the report date when it differs from the scan/import date. This will ensure the report displays on the correct date in the patient's Timeline Summary in the EHR.
- Press the OK button to scan the documents. This will launch the PC' scanner menu.
iSalus Healthcare recommends scanning at a resolution of 100 dpi in gray scale or color.
Follow these steps to send an eDocument for Review by another User/User Group:
- Right-click on the document in the work list to send for review and select Needs Reviewed By.
- Search for the User or User Group to send the eDocument to, and select the User/User Group from the search.
- Enter a Message to the user/group.
- Change the Priority when appropriate.
- Press the OK button to send the eDocument for review.
Once a document is reviewed by one member of a group, it will be removed from all other users' Task Lists.
To delete a document:
- Right-click over the document in the work list and select Delete.
- This moves the document to the Inactive Folder.
To copy a document:
- Right-click over the document in the work list and select Copy.
To Export a document:
- Right-click over the document in the work list and select Export.
To Move a document:
- Right-click over the document in the work list and select Move.
- Search for the patient to move the document to, if necessary.
- Select the appropriate Cabinet > Drawer and Folder to move the files to.
- Press the OK button to move the file.
To print an eDocument, follow these steps:
- Select the Document to print from the work list.
- Click on the Print button.
- Select the number of copies to print and press the second Print button.
If the document is pdf, word, excel, etc. type document, it will open in the appropriate program to view and print it.
To electronically fax a document, follow these steps:
- Right-click over the eDocument and select Fax.
- Complete the Fax Cover Page information.
- Search for and select the Contact/s to send the Fax to.
- Click on the Add button to add the contacts to the Recipient(s) list. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until all recipients are in the list.
- Press the Send button to submit the Fax.
TIFF files must first be saved as Faxable files. Follow these steps to save a TIF file as faxable:
- Select the Document from the work list.
- Click the Save menu and select Save Faxable.
Patient Education PDF handouts are stored in the eDocuments. By storing a PDF in the eDocuments, it can be selected at any time from the clinical chart and sent to the patient's MyMedicalLocker account, as well as sent to checkout for printing as well.
- Open the eDocuments Portal in the lower left corner.
- Select the Practice Documents section by clicking the dropdown arrow next to the manilla folder icon in the left hand navigation pane. Click the Practice folder.
- Open the Education cabinet down to the Education folder. Note: Your practice may have a customized name for these.
- Right-Click on the education folder to import and PDF files to be stored.
When an eDocument is faxed and fails conversion, the common solution is to save the original document as faxable and re-send.
This often comes from a deviation from standard scanning best-practices and recommended settings.
- Navigate to the eDocuments portal.
- Open the patient via the search.
- After accessing the document from the folder cabinets, select the document from the documents list.
- In the top toolbar above the document image, click the dropdown next to the Save icon.
- Save as Faxable.