The Charge Analysis Report is used to view Charge Amount, Procedure Count, and Allowed Amount by a date range. This report will display the amount in several breakout categories, including Payer, Provider, Location, and more.
- Open the Billing Portal in the lower left corner.
- In the left-hand navigation pane, choose the Charge Analysis from the Reporting section.
When users first open the Charge Analysis, they will see a list of parameters to use for the report. After making selections from the below, they will choose the 'Search' option at the bottom right of the window to run the report:
- Report Options: These parameters allow users to make changes to the underlying functionality of the report.
- Service Date range: If entered, this report will return only charges with a service date in the range specified.
- Post Date range: If entered, this report will return only charges with a post date in the range specified.
- Location Type: This denotes whether the results will be grouped by patient location or service location.
- Include Allowed Amounts: If selected, the report will attempt to show allowed amounts for the charges in the results.
- Display zero charges: If selected, the results will include charges for codes billed at $0.
- Financial Class: This field filters on the financial class of the payer on the claim.
- Service Location: This field filters on the service location on the claim.
- Provider: This field filters on the rendering provider on the claim.
- Code Class: This field filters on the code class of the CPT charged.
- Results will now be displayed in a series of different groupings. To drill down into a section, right click on the tile to open a more detailed report or to export / print.
- To change any filters and re-run the report, click directly on the date button at the top of the window to open the Search Options screen.