iSalus Healthcare is integrated directly with the RxInform module offered by Dr. First. This integration is designed to tackle the three most common reasons that patients do not fill prescriptions: Cost, Education, and Convenience. Upon prescribing a medication, your patients will receive a secure text message with a link that provides education on the medication, cost savings coupons, and the ability to set up reminders to pick up their medication. This completely free and HIPAA compliant service is designed to increase patient adherence to the medications that you prescribe.
- Reinforces prescription decision
- No action required
- Increased patient engagement and satisfaction
- Support in delivering improved clinical outcomes
- Extends interaction with provider beyond the encounter
- Personalized content
- Informative education
- Cost savings
This integration will:
- Identify SMS-enabled phone numbers and make those available as options to be selected on the prescription pad at the time of prescribing.
- Send the patient a secure text shortly after the medication is prescribed.
- The text will provide a custom page for the patient that displays information about the prescription that was prescribed including discount coupons, patient education, and reminders.
There is no sign-up required. This integration is offered at no cost.
Provider Opt-in or Opt-Out
By default, all providers will be opted into the integration. This can be turned on or off for a provider here:
- Navigate to the Setup portal.
- Select Providers.
- Search for a provider.
- Select the Identification tab.
- Check the Send Prescription Education box to opt-in or deselect to opt-out.
- Click Save.
The Prescription Adherence Integration is built directly into the prescribing workflow and intended to be a frictionless experience for the user creating the medication. Our application will automatically identify a list of available SMS-enabled phone numbers that the patient has on file with you. From there, providers will need to simply verify the correct SMS-enabled phone number to send the information to for the patient.
Provider Workflow: Sending Prescription Education and Adherence information to the patient
- Print or Send a prescription as you normally would from the Prescriptions chart tab.
- On the Prescription Pad, select the best SMS-enabled phone number for the patient.
- Print or Send the prescription.
Patient Experience: Receiving the Text and Access
- The patient will receive a text at the number provided shortly after the prescription is print or sent.
- The patient will click the link and verify their date of birth.
- The patient will have access to the following information for this medication:
- Pharmacy Details
- Drugg, Strength, and Quantity
- Patient Education
- Savings Coupons
- Pick-Up Reminders
- Access Patient Education:
- Access Co-Pay Assistance coupons for brand-name drugs:
- Access Discount cards for generic medications:
- Set up Pick-Up reminders: