The ‘Receipt Management’ window is accessed by double clicking on a receipt from the Receipt Search window. This provides access to key details related to a receipt as well as actions that can be taken to reconcile a receipt into a payment. Many of the Receipt Reconciliation actions are described in detail above.
Receipt Management Window Layout
The Receipt Details section will display information related to both the patient and receipt collected. The following detail will be displayed:
- Patient: The is the patient that is associated with the receipt. If the patient is not known, the patient name will say ‘Patient Not Known’.
- Chart: This is the patient chart number.
- Status: This is the status that the receipt is currently in. The possible receipt statues are:
- New: The receipt has been newly created and has not been processed by the ‘Receipt Disbursement Logic’.
- Hold: The receipt is in a hold state and will be processed at night through the ‘Receipt Disbursement Logic’.
- Completed: The entire receipt balance was applied and no remaining balance for the receipt exists.
- Error: The system was unable to automatically associated the receipt balance to a claim and the receipt must be reconciled manually.
- Reversed: This status is set after the ‘Reverse Receipt’ process has been executed.
- Ignore: This status is used to exclude receipts from being processed by the ‘Receipt Disbursement Logic’.
- Receipt #: This is the unique ID automatically assigned to a receipt when it is created.
- Received: This is the date and time that the receipt was posted in the system.
- Hold: This is the hold date and remaining number of days that the receipt is on hold for.
- Type: This is the payment type associated with the receipt.
- Method: This is the payment method associated with the receipt.
- Amount: This is the total amount of the original receipt collected.
- Unapplied: This is the remaining balance for the receipt that has not yet been applied to the patient’s balance.
- Check #: This is the check number filed added to the receipt.
- Source: This is where the receipt originated from:
- Normal: The receipt was generated from the Quick Pay window.
- MML: The payment was generated via credit card in MyMedicalLocker.
- OfficeEMR: The payment was generated via credit card in the application.
- Intake: The payment was generated via credit card in Intelligent Intake.
- Messages: System generated messaged to provide guidance on what happened with the receipt during the ‘Receipt Disbursement Logic’.
The appointment details allow a user to see both past and future appointments for the patient. By default, iSalus will show the last 3 appointments and the next 3 appointments for the patient based on today’s date. This date range can be controlled by clicking the ‘Set Date Range’ button under the Receipt Actions.
Because receipts are often associated with appointments, a ‘Link’ icon will display next to the appointment that the receipt you are viewing is linked to.
Past Appointment Actions
Also, for each appointment listed, actions will be displayed to the right. For past appointments, you will either have the option to ‘Create Claim’ or ‘View Claim’. Because claims can be linked to appointments, the ‘View Claim’ option is only visible when this link has occurred. Clicking this will open the claim for that appointment.
If a claim is not linked to the appointment, the option to ‘Create Claim’ will be available. By clicking this, details from the appointment will be passed to the claim window and a new claim can be generated and linked to this appointment.
Future Appointment Actions
For future appointments, the actions will be different compared to past appointments. For a future appointment, you will see the option of ‘Hold Receipt’. Clicking this link will open the window that will set the hold date for the receipt to be the same as the future appointment.
The claim details (aka Procedures Linked to Receipt) is used to display the exact relation between the original receipt and the claim procedure lines that the receipt has been applied to. You can use this section to launch the payment window to modify how the receipt was associated.