Choice EMR offers an option to make certain changes to multiple claims at one time. This option is called Modify Selected Claim(s). Changes which involve patient information, such as insurance or responsible party, cannot be changed using this functionality; however, changes such as Claim Status, Rendering Provider, Service Location, etc. can be changed for a group of claims.
- In Billing Query, search for the claims which need to be modified.
- Check the box next to the claims which need to be updated, and click the down arrow on the Claim Options icon. Select Modify Claim(s).
- In the dialog box that opens, you will see multiple options which will allow you to make changes to the selected claims. Check the box next to the item(s) you wish to modify, then use the drop down to select the result.
- When all appropriate selections are made, click OK or Apply.
- If you choose the Balance Write-Off functionality, this option will zero out any remaining balance on any of the selected claims. You cannot do a partial amount write-off, or only write-off certain procedure lines. When you are using this option, it is important to only select OK, not both Apply and OK or a system error will be generated.