Once a deposit has been created, a user will use the Deposit Management window to fix deposit errors, review the payment details, and release the deposit for posting. This guide will explain the various functions available.
Along the top of every deposit, you will find Deposit Details. Most of this information is supplied when the deposit is originally created. However, under some circumstances, a user will be able to make changes to these deposits details.
- ID: The unique ID the application assigns to every deposit.
- Type: The type of deposit created (ERA, EOB, Import, Statement)
- Status: The current status of the deposit. Options include New, Ignore, Sent to Posting.
- New: Newly received deposits. Payments have not yet been posted.
- Ignore: Deposits that will not be sent to posting because they are not needed.
- Sent to Posting: Deposits that have had 1 or more of the payments posted to patient accounts.
- Deposited (Date): This is the date that the check was deposited into the bank.
- Production (Date): This is the date the EOB was issued.
- Check #: This is the check number for the deposit.
- Amount: This is the total amount of the deposit
- Payer: The name of the Payer and Payer ID.
- Pay. Method: The payment method being used for this deposit.
- Pay. Type: The type of payment that is being used for the deposit.
- Deposit ($): The total amount for the deposit.
- Payments ($): The sum of all payments assigned to the claims within the deposit. This field is auto-calculated.
- Adjustment ($): The sum of all adjustments that will affect the balance of the claims within the deposit. This field is auto-calculated.
- Balance ($): The difference between the Deposit Amount, Payments Amount, and Adjustments Amount. This field is auto-calculated.
The actions listed allow you to control the behavior of the entire deposit. Take note, the deposit actions may work differently based on the status of deposit.
- Send to posting: Sends the deposit to the payment posting process. Click here to learn more.
- Ignore: The deposit is removed from most work queues and will not be posted. Click here to learn more.
- Edit: Allows some deposit detail fields to be changed. Click here to learn more.
- Reset/Remove: Allows a user to undo the posting process or delete a deposit entirely. Click here to learn more.
When a deposit is created or received from an insurance carrier as an ERA, there is a possibility that some necessary fields may not be set correctly. These errors will need to be resolved.
More information can be found here on resolving posting errors.
This is a list of of claims that have been assigned to this deposit. For EOB's, these must be manually added to the deposit via the Attach/Find Claim feature. Once added, a summarized version of the payment records will be displayed.
- Attach/Find a Claim: This allows a user to search for a claim in the deposit and/or add a new claim to the deposit. Learn more here.
- Edit/View: For each claim in a batch, you may be able to Edit or View the claim details. Learn more here.
- Claim XRef: This is the claim x-ref supplied on the ERA.
- Claim ID: The unique identifier for the claim in the application.
- Charged: The sum of all charges for this claim.
- Paid: The sum of all payments for this claim.
- Allowed: The sum of all allowed amounts for this claim.
- Deductible (PR-1): The sum of the deductible amount for this claim.
- CoIns (PR-2): The sum of the co-insurance amount for this claim.
- CoPay (PR-3): The sum of the co-pay amount for this claim.
- Adjustments: The sum of all adjustments that will affect the balance for this claim.
- Information: The sum of all adjustments that will NOT affect the balance for this claim.
- Action: Actions that can be taken for this claim (View or Edit).