There are a number of reasons why a user may need to copy an existing claim. The most common reasons are that the provider performs the same procedures every visit, and does not complete a new Superbill, or that a claim needs to be split, and procedures on a single claim need to be on two separate claims. In the event that you need to copy an existing claim, here are the appropriate steps.
- Go to Billing Query and search for the claim you need to copy.
- Double click to open the claim.
- From the Open icon, click the drop down arrow and select Copy.
- Enter the new appropriate claim From/To date, and click OK.
- Click Open in the Copy Claim window.
- The new claim will open for you in another window to make any necessary edits. The claim will be in a status of Ready to Send Primary by default.
- Save any changes.