When working Aged Receivables, it's important to document your work. It's important to make clear what's happened, both so that the system can track biller productivity and so that the next biller can follow your work and continue to pursue payment.
- Open the Claim Details as seen here. This can be accessed from Billing Query or linked from related deposits:
- Begin by clicking the Comments button under the Messages and Monitoring portion of the Claim Details:
2. Click Edit Comments:
3. This will bring you to the Claim comment window as seen here:
- Open the Transaction History as seen here. This can be accessed from Claim Details or linked from related deposits:
- Right-click any text on the right-hand side of the screen other than the balances. Select Add Comment:
- This will bring you to the Claim comment window as seen here:
- When creating a claim comment, you should start with the Claim Comment window as seen here:
- Select New to start a new comment, or Default to select from a list of default comments:
- Modify the comment text as desired:
- If you would like to record what action was taken for future reporting on Biller Productivity, select a biller action by clicking the magnifying glass. In this instance, the biller called the insurance company, so they will select "Insurance Call." Visit here for more information about setting up Biller Actions.
- Set the date that a biller should follow up if this claim is not resolved. Currently, this will just be for the benefit of whoever is viewing this comment -- they will be able to see if they don't need to follow up yet. In the future, we have plans to incorporate this date into the biller workflow through intelligent reporting.